Monday, September 9, 2013

VOCAB : Fall #4

Accede:to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree. "I acceded with the fact the we live in a Chicka chicka Pow pow world.

Brandish:to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: " I brandished my pistol to the thugs so they would not steal my wallet." 

Comprise: to include or contain "My class comprises of mexican's and white students." 

Deft: dexterous; nimble; skillful; clever " My deft hands quickly slapped Jared unexpectedly, his fault for talking about my mother dearest."

Destitute: without means of subsistence; lacking food, clothing, and shelter "Destitute of children in my community cry for food and some clothes but yet are so optimistic."

Explicit: fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated "The music I listen to contains explicit lyrics."

Extirpate: to remove or destroy totally; do away with; exterminate " As I walked in the kitchen my mom totally extirpated all the dirty dishes."

Inopportune:  inappropriate; inconvenient; untimely or unseasonable "That was a very inopportune comment, you made my sister cry."

Ironic: coincidental; unexpected " Its ironic I got "Best Pick" award for picking strawberries."

Musty: Dank, moldy, stale " This is some musty chips, I do not want to eat them"

Officious: objectionably aggressive in offering one's unrequested and unwanted services " No stop officiously putting my clothes away, I can do it myself."

Ominous: Forebidding, Threatening, harmful " That is a Ominous crowd of people, there caring knives."

Pinnacle: the highest or culminating point, as of success, power, fame " Tupac at the pinncle of his fame, died tragically to a gun shot wound"

Premeditated: to meditate, consider, or plan beforehand " He premeditated that murder."




No comments:

Post a Comment