Tuesday, October 1, 2013

VOCAB #7

_Cursory: going rapidly over something, without noticing details; hasty; superficial: 
"Jared gave me a cursory explanation on how he got his heart broken, hes so confusing"
_Impetus: a moving force; impulse; stimulus:
" After seeing Jared Perry cry over a girl like a baby it gave me a impetus to be a stronger man and not let that drama get to me" 
_Pinnacle: a lofty point that does not last;
" At the pinnacle of jareds tantrum he could not breathe, but he soon got over this issue"
_Contumely: a humiliating insult.
"Wow I im so embarrassed right now, contumely"
_Bereavement: a period of mourning after a loss, especially after the death of a loved one:
" One of my biggest questions is will there be a bereavement for me when I pass>?"

_Cache: a hiding place, especially one in the ground,
" She found the cache of my heart, what a lucky girl" 
_ Consummation: to bring to completion or perfection; fulfil
"I finally have reached the consummation of my high school career"
_Calamity: a great misfortune or disaster, as a flood or serious injury.
" The calamity of the situation was she did not get accepted into a college after preparing for over 6 years."
_Avarice:insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.
"Her avarice for the money was ridiculous, were suppose to distribute it evenly"
_Fortify: to protect or strengthen against attack; surround or provide with defensive military works.
"Fortified myself with a great breakfast"
_Erratic: deviating from the usual or proper course in conduct or opinion; eccentric; queer:
" That is some erratic behavior"
_ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent:
"Those ubiquitous girls are so annyoing they have there hand in everyone's buisness"
_Fortitude: mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger, or temptation courageously:
"The sear fortitude of the situation  brought danger into my life"
_unchalant: coolly unconcerned, indifferent, or unexcited; casual:
"His unchalant attitude about being late really pissed me off"
_AFFECT: to impress the mind or move the feelings of:
" the music affected my attitude"
_Effect:something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence:
"THe effecct of her being fat caused her to have a stroke"
_

No comments:

Post a Comment