Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vocabulary #1

expository: explanatory, to state in detail,
composition: the act of combing parts or elements to form a whole
assuage: to make milder or less severe, relieve, ease
decadence: the act or process of falling into a inferior condition or state
hackneyed: made commonplace or trite, trend, outdated
coalition: group or alliance
transcend: to rise above or go beyond
meritorious: deserving praise or reward
lurid: gruesome, horrible, revolting
petulant: impatient, irritation, over something of annoyance

  1. I wrote an expository essay after reading the book, "Malcom X".
  2. With all the vegetables given to me, I composed a very delicious stir fry.
  3. After breaking my arm my mother tried to assuage the pain by singing me a song.
  4. The decadence of peer pressure on William influenced him to draw a vulgar lyric on the wall.
  5. Those shoes are so hackneyed, go buy some news ones.
  6. Let's form a coalition of freshman to start a food fight in the cafeteria.
  7.  My friends ego has gotten to him, he feels his intelligence has transcended over everyone's in the class.
  8. I was given a meritorisou applause after saving Gabbi from falling on her face.
  9. What is that lurid smell? I am about to vomit all over your face
  10. Your facial expressions are causing be to become petulant, pretty close to slapping you.

No comments:

Post a Comment