Wednesday, January 8, 2014

THE CHOICE

The Choice was a very sad story, I wish I new a better vocab word to describe the feeling but no. The story reminded me of a book I read by Lance Armstrong and his journey of overcoming chemotherapy and winnning the tour of france! Great story, who ever is reading this post should really read that book! -- " Every Second Counts"--

I'm used to relatives and deaths in my life to where the story did not impact me as much as the average joe. It made me also worry what if my own child, if i ever have one,  has cancer! IT brings up a lot of thoughts and feelings past most peoples comfort levels. Most persons dont want to think about subjects such as these but we need to be aware of our surroundings!

Ignoring the obvious in life is not good. We need to be more grateful for what we have and understand theres many people who have it worse. What can we do to help them? Words can only do so much as to what actions can do to these people to help them on their everyday constant struggle. Cancer, war, hunger, violence, racial injustice etc its all out there. Shame on you for trying to set these issues to the side just because 'they dont affect you'. Come the day you come accross a dilemma having to do with one of those subjects and you cry for help and recieve none. Ask yourself why.

that may be the first step to change

No comments:

Post a Comment